new challenger

I make games. I also play them. I talk about both activities here.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"...obscure Japanese illustrator..."

I was just looking for a good excuse to update this thing, when lo and behold, this drops into my lap. Eric-Jon (pardon the inappropriate familiarity) has taken up the task of chronicling the nouns that are "...pointing the way to the future." The future of video games, that is.

I must admit, after reading the first of the three articles, I remain unconvinced as to the validity of this premise.

My uncertainly comes from the ambiguous term "future." None of the games mentioned in this piece could be considered blockbusters, so the forerunners mentioned here have to be judged on their critical worth. I think Eric-Jon does a good job of proving his case in that regard on the games mentioned, so for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

And plus, Eric-Jon is awesome. Check out the article here.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home