new challenger

I make games. I also play them. I talk about both activities here.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Game Begets Game 2: The Begettening

Well, the success stories keep pouring in. Turns out that Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is well on its way to being the highest-grossing digital download ever. A homegrown fighting game community kid by the name of Dave Sirlin is more than a little responsible for helping HD Remix achieve this amazing feat.

I won't lie, it warms me somewhere deep in my cold heart that a fighting game - perhaps the finest fighting game the industry has ever produced - is going to set this record. At a time when fighting games are oftentimes relegated to second-class status, as most major American publishers don't even consider fighting games to be a core gaming genre, this is a huge victory.

Congrats to Sirlin, and to everyone who made this possible.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home